Music Theory For Guitar
Music Theory For Guitarists FINALLY Explained! Your Frustration In Learning And Understanding Music Theory As A Guitar Player Ends Here!
Have you been struggling to learn music theory for guitar or simply looking for a faster, better and easier way to learn music theory? You're not alone. I know how you feel, a lot of guitar players have felt this way, but what I've found is there are 5 main reasons why guitar players become frustrated when trying to learn music theory on the guitar.
Here are the 5 big reasons other music theory websites, books, resources or products may not work for you:
- The way they try to teach you music theory on the guitar is very often hard to understand and can quickly become overwhelming to learn.
- They typically don't show you how to apply music theory to actual guitar playing. In other words, there is a disconnect between the music theory concepts they attempt to explain and the real music that you want to play or create.
- Most of the time, what is being taught are simply incomplete 'pieces' of music theory without real connection to other concepts.
- Their approach to teaching music theory for guitar is simply BORING - kind of like reading a computer manual… yuk!
- There's a lot of music theory stuff out there for guitar, but not much guidance when it comes to showing you what you need to learn and focus on in order to do the things you want to achieve musically in your life.
If you are like most guitar players, you want a place where you can get:
- music theory help for guitar that is easy to understand but isn't written only for people who began playing guitar yesterday.
- music theory lessons, advice and resources for guitar that will actually show you how to apply what you learn to real life guitar playing.
- a complete picture of the music theory concepts you want to learn, understand and use on your guitar and in your own music.
- an understanding of music theory that is interesting to learn and is not written in a dry and boring way that is painful to read.
- a real idea of what aspects of music theory are the most useful things for you to learn right now and in your guitar playing future.
MusicTheoryForGuitar.com and all our music theory guitar articles, lessons and resources were designed specifically to give you exactly what you want and need so that you really can learn music theory for guitar in an easy-to-understand, fun, entertaining and complete way. Welcome home. :)
Master Of The Modes:
The Supreme Course To Understanding And Applying Scales And Modes On Guitar
You know how some guitar players always seem to create unique, creative and awesome guitar solos ? Somehow, being creative just comes easy for them. How do they do it? They have mastered how to creatively use scales & modes on guitar... and with this I don't mean a bunch of scale patterns thrown together: I mean REAL musical comprehension.
Scales and modes are one of the most difficult (and controversial) topic in music theory... to really understand them you need a simple system for understanding, learning, mastering and actually using scales and modes in real music without any limitations. Armed with the core knowledge this system will give you, you will be able to learn and connect everything there is to know about the modes, and at the same time use everything you are going to learn to play real music.
Learn how to finally master completely scales and modes on guitar in a ways that is musically useful and will help you to write, improvise, and play the music YOU want to play!
The Complete System Of Learning, Mastering And Applying Scales For Blues Guitar
You hear great Blues players creating solos that sound amazing but have no idea how to do it by yourself? Are you thinking too much about "what to play next" rather than letting your emotions speak through your playing? Do you struggle in playing the Blues in all keys and over all the fretboard (as opposed in just one basic position)? If you have answered "yes" to any of the questions above, then you need to learn how music theory applies to Blues, and how to implement this knowledge into your guitar playing in an effective way.
Read about how to finally master all the scales for Blues guitar, how to get rid of your frustration and lack of confidence once and for all, and how to finally play Blues from your heart!
Are you a user of the CAGED system to learn guitar scales? Have you tried to learn the CAGED system but are confused? Or maybe you learned it and now are wondering why you are no better than before? Read here why the CAGED system for guitar is harmful for your playing and why you are going to be better off if you do not use it at all.
How does it feel to play for a country legend? And how your music theory skills can help you land such a high-caliber gig? Discover it in our interview with Eugene Edwards, guitar player for Dwight Yoakam. Eugene talks about being familiar with theory is invaluable while in studio and on the road. A must-read for everyone who wants to have a career as a session player!
Read our new interview with Christian Muenzner (Obscura, Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession). Christian shares with us some of his tricks on how to use theory to compose music out-of-the-box, and how to have theoretical concepts work for you rather than being slave of them. Recommended read!
Do not miss any new music theory article, video, or resource: follow MusicTheoryForGuitar.com on: